Kent Teaching Solutions are working with a school near Canterbury who are looking to appoint an experienced, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support pupils in the classroom and sometimes working on a 1:1 and small group basis.
There are some SEN needs so any experience with SEN is desirable. The headteacher specifically requires someone with a lot of experience in this role.
This is a full time, long-term/ongoing position (term time only).
We are looking for:
- A teaching assistant to support students in KS1 on a whole class, small group and 1:1 basis
- A teaching assistant with a lot of experience
- Someone who can engage with supportive teaching staff, parents and carers
- Sensitivity and understanding for building good relationships with children
- Excellent verbal communication skills for motivating children to learn
- Active listening skills to understand the children’s' needs
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- To be flexible and open to change for working on different activities
- To enjoy working with other people
- The ability to teach pupils how to do something
- The ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or tablet
- SEN experience desirable
If you are interested in the above role, please do not hesitate to apply, or call 01622 804025 to discuss this role. Alternatively, feel free to email your CV to email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults therefore all successful appointments are subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and relevant checks being made.