Due to an increase in demand from our secondary schools in Kent, we are recruiting new cover supervisors to help our schools out with short-term absences. If you are looking for flexible work, up to 5 days a week then we can get you into some top secondary schools in Kent.
- An experienced cover supervisor looking for daily supply work?
- A new graduate not sure what to do next, but want some experience in teaching before committing to teacher training?
- Someone with experience of working in schools or educational setting who is looking for regular cover work?
If the answer is yes, then this is the ideal role for you.
Cover supervisors supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared lessons when teaching staff are on short-term absence. Your main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
Duties may include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment and following the school’s behaviour policy
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures and reporting problems/incidents accordingly
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Setting up educational equipment and learning resources before the lesson and ensuring classroom is tidy before you leave
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
- Taking registers on time in each lesson
Skills and experience you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable and highly flexible
- To enjoy working with young people
- Knowledge of procedures for supervising pre-planned lessons and providing feedback
- The ability to switch from one lesson to another as some days you will be doing general cover
Working with Kent Teaching Solutions:
- Weekly pay via PAYE – competitive rates of pay & minimal deductions (less deductions than agencies who pay via an umbrella company)
- Dedicated consultants who have over 20 years’ experience and will be able to match you to the right school quickly & can provide you with out of hours support
- REC compliant agency: we pride ourselves on our commitment to the safeguarding of all of our teaching and support staff meaning we carry out all vetting checks for you, ensuring you are ready to go into schools as soon as possible following registration
To register your interest for working with Kent Teaching Solutions on a flexible/supply basis, then please contact 01622 804025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults; therefore, every candidate is subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and other relevant checks being made.