Posted on Wednesday 27th Apr 2016
Kent County Council will rightly celebrate the primary school allocation figures below, sent out today. For even with an additional 591 Kent children in the system above 2015’s figure, the number of children being offered their first choice school has leapt up by 762 to 87.2% of the total number of applications , a record over at least the past six years. In addition, whilst the number of children offered no school of their choice fell to 606, down by 118, also down for the second consecutive year, to 3.4%, again the lowest figure for at least six years.
01/10/21What changes are being made to GCSEs and A-levels next year?
Department for Education says 2022 will be a ‘transition year’
14/09/21Covid: Single jab recommended for 12 to 15-year-olds by UK's top doctors
Healthy children aged 12 to 15 should be offered one dose of a Covid vaccine, the UK's chief medical officers say.
29/06/21Covid: School isolation rules could end in autumn
The Covid control system in England's schools, where groups of pupils have to self-isolate if one tests positive, could be scrapped in the autumn.
26/05/21DfE had no plan for dealing with a pandemic, says critical report by MPs
Public accounts committee also said a failure to set standards for remote learning led to ‘unequal experiences’
25/05/21Exams 2021: How will my grades be assessed this year?
Exams have been cancelled for the second year running due to the impact caused by coronavirus. The government have put schools will be in charge of grades and assessments this summer in a bid to avoid the results day chaos caused by last year's controversial algorithm.