Due to an increase in demand from our primary and secondary schools in Kent, we are recruiting teachers to help our schools out with short-term absences. If you are looking for flexible work, up to 5 days a week then we can get you into some top schools in Kent.
- An experienced teacher looking to regain your work life balance?
- An NQT who wants to gain experience in different Kent schools?
- Someone who loves teaching & working with young people, but you don’t love the extra, out of hours planning/preparation work that comes with it?
- Returning to teaching and looking to get back into the swing of the classroom environment?
- Looking to teach around your own personal commitments?
- Adaptable, flexible and looking for exciting new opportunities… daily?
If the answer is yes, then this is the ideal role for you.
A supply teacher works on a temporary basis, covering the role of a permanent teacher.
As a supply teacher, you could be working in multiple schools on day-to-day assignments, or you could be providing long-term cover to one school in particular, for example as maternity cover.
You’ll need to make yourself available frequently, and be confident in working in a variety of classroom situations.
Duties may include:
- Teaching classes at all times
- Provide a safe learning environment
- Use lesson plans and learning materials to teach in accordance with the national curriculum
- Mark work
- Implement and maintain the discipline of a school in accordance to their behaviour policy
- Carry out reasonable requests from the headteacher e.g. break and lunchtime duties, parents’ evenings (more applicable to long term bookings), exam invigilation, etc. (if you ever feel a request is unreasonable and exceeding your responsibilities as a supply teacher, then please contact us and we will look to resolve this for you)
- Carry out the duties of the regular class teacher as much as possible, e.g. taking registers and sending them to the office on time, attending assemblies, enforcing school policies, core values and ethos
Requirements and experience you’ll need:
- QTS or equivalent
- Adaptable and highly flexible
- To enjoy working with young people
- Teaching experience
- Strong behaviour management
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in sometimes challenging scenarios
Working with Kent Teaching Solutions:
- Weekly pay via PAYE – competitive rates of pay & minimal deductions (less deductions than agencies who pay via an umbrella company)
- Day-to-day/short-term bookings can lead to long-term/permanent jobs
- Dedicated consultants who have over 20 years’ experience and will be able to match you to the right school quickly & can provide you with out of hours support
- REC compliant agency: we pride ourselves on our commitment to the safeguarding of all of our teaching and support staff meaning we carry out all vetting checks for you, ensuring you are ready to go into schools as soon as possible following registration
To register your interest for working with Kent Teaching Solutions on a flexible/supply basis, then please contact 01622 804025 or email email@example.com now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults; therefore, every candidate is subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and other relevant checks being made.