Primary Supply Teacher
We are recruiting Primary Teachers to work on a supply basis at primary schools in Maidstone.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who are passionate about teaching young people.
Must have QTS or equivalent
We have opportunities for teachers of both KS1 & KS2, so please apply today to start working in your preferred Key Stage this September.
You must hold UK QTS. ECTs welcome to apply.
- Supply Teacher
- Teaching students using pre-planned lessons left by the regular class teacher
- Covering short- and long-term absences (you can let us know your preference)
- Encouraging pupil participation in lessons and other school related activities
- Communicating with class Teaching Assistant and other school colleagues and reporting any relevant information to the relevant staff members
Why choose supply teaching:
- No planning or prep – looking to regain a healthy work life balance? With supply teaching, you finish work at the end of the school day and can go home knowing that all planning is provided for you
- Exposure to local schools – are you new to the area? Have you worked in the same school for a few years and keen to see how other schools do it? Supply gives you an insight into lots of different schools and their teaching practices, which is helpful when you come to apply for permanent jobs as you know what you do and don’t want from your future school
- Gain experience – if you are an ECT, supply is a great way to gain valuable teaching experience from lots of different schools, senior leaders and teachers
- Keep teaching skills up to date – looking for a break from permanent teaching but want to keep your knowledge up to date? Supply teaching gives you the opportunity to focus on your work life balance, while still practicing teaching
- Get back into teaching – had a break from teaching and want to get back into it? Supply teaching is a great way to brush up on your skills and knowledge before applying for permanent teaching roles and closes the gap on your CV
- Flexible – we completely understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary, and supply teaching allows you the opportunity to tell us when you can and can’t work. We will always fill your available days and leave you to enjoy your free time
- Second income – do you already have a part time job and looking to top your income up? Supply teaching allows you to have more than one job and can provide you with a second income on your available days
- Opportunity to apply to permanent roles – loving the school you are supply teaching at? You will be first to know when a permanent role arises and given the opportunity to apply, already knowing that you enjoy the school and your colleagues and pupils. With KTS, you have no notice period, so if another opportunity arises for you, you are not tied into your contract with us and can leave without working a notice period
Why choose KTS:
- PAYE – we pay PAYE meaning your tax is all worked out for you and we never use umbrella companies, meaning the money you earn is yours to keep – besides the usual deductions of tax, NI (and pension and student loan if applicable) – there are no additional deductions from your pay
- Pension scheme – we offer a pension scheme with a total of an 8% contribution – your other pensions can be transferred into this pot too, keeping it all in one convenient place for you (different to the Teachers Pension)
- Refer a friend – recommend your friends, family, colleagues to KTS, and you will receive a £50 referral fee. This can be teachers, TAs, support staff.
- Guaranteed Work Scheme (GWS) – a type of contract where you are guaranteed payment, regardless of if we are able to find you work. We are so confident that we will be able to find you appropriate work, that if there are ever any days where we are unable to find you work, you will still be paid in line with your GWS
- Proven track record of success – we have years of experience as well as well established relationships with schools meaning we are extremely busy and can provide you with supply teaching work on all your available days. Our Google reviews speak for themselves
- In depth face to face registration – we take the time to meet you in person when you register with us so that we can get to know you and exactly what you are looking for, this way you haven’t got to send us any ID online, you can bring it all with you
- Members of the REC – similar to Ofsted for schools, the REC audit us to make sure we are doing everything correctly and doing the best we can for our teachers
If you are interested in this role, please apply today.
For more information, contact Katy | 01622 804025 | [email protected]
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults; therefore, every candidate is subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and other relevant checks being made. Agy.
A Primary School in Medway are recruiting KS1 and KS2 teachers to start in January.
Start Date January 2024View Job Details
HIGH DEMAND - PRIMARY SUPPLY TEACHERS - MEDWAY
Start Date December 2023View Job Details
Primary supply teacher, part or full time, long or short term, Ashford. Immediate start.
Start Date October 2023View Job Details